Jul 24, 2009

Fall 2009 Fashion

Hey girls! Today I'm going to give you guys an overview of what the main styles were of the fashion shows in March which was when the Fashion week for Fall/Winter 2009 were. I did some research and this is what I found! Most photos are from elle.com

The first fashion trend I found on the catwalks for Fall was the one shoulder dresses or shirts. Now this is something I dont know if I'm going to wear because it seems too dramatic for me to wear, but who knows maybe I will find a piece of clothing I love that has one shoulder strap! I found the photo below on elle.com. I like the way Marc Jacobs did this trend, but I hated the way Alexander Wang did it. The Alexander Wang dress reminds me too much of Batman.


The Dark Neutrals also appeared quite often on the runway. The designers layered grays and blacks on top of each other, everything dark. This look is very sophisticated and wearable by the office working woman. Its something that reminds me of Donna Karan, because she is always designing things for the working class women. My favorite outfit from this trend was by Rag n Bone.

The designers go from all darks to bright pinks. Now for this trend I dont recommend going all out and buying a bunch of bright pink things because if you wear to much of it, you will look like a prostitute from the 80's. (just kidding). Find a cute dress or a shirt thats bright pink so you can wear this trend but not be overwelming in bright pink. I personally think Michael Kors got this right. He paired an adorable pink dress with pink shoes and a neutral necklace to make the dress pop even more.

I have no idea whats going on with all these shoulder trends, but another trend this fall is the "cold" or bare shoulder. I dont know what to say about this. I dont really like it. It kinda seems like trashy. No offense if you like it. Not my style. But overall Alexander Wang wins my vote on designing this trend the best.


The last one for this post is the Shiny Metallics. Is it just me or has this been "in" for a while now. I have quite a few metallic things but once again not really me. I like it in small doses. I like the way Derek Lam and Ralph Lauren did this. I'm sad to say that one of my favorite lines aka 3.1 Phillip Lim failed.


2 comments:

gaby<3 said...

love your blog and vids you should checkout my blog is you want.
sincerly,
gaby

Unknown said...

thanks! You should do more of these kind of things! I love fashion too!